Saturday, May 16, 2009

He was tricking us!!!

Ok...so the 2 days of crib sleeping was all a mean joke on Lucas' part!!! That boy was awake aaaaaaaaaall day yesterday! He slept from 10:30-11am in the crib...and that was it for the day! Wowsers. Every single other time I tried to get him to sleep...he'd wake up right away. No matter HOW long you rocked him, walked him, etc....no such luck. By evening he was MR. CRANKYPANTS. It was a looooong day for Mommy and almost 12 hours later, just when I thought I couldn't take it anymore, I put him down in the nursing pillow so I could brush my teeth and hopefully get to bed...he fell asleep! He screamed for about 20 seconds and then silence. I walked the 10 steps back to him from the bathroom...and there he was, sound asleep...and snoring!!! Needless to say, I didn't BUDGE him!!! Instead, I got on the other side of the bed and went to sleep myself. He did wake up hysterical 1 hour later, but I picked him right away and he fell asleep seconds later, so I put him back down beside me. He slept for 3 more hours. Yaaaaay for Mommy!!!


He's protesting his crib again today...I spent almost an hour in his room, in the dark, with the white noise on, fed him, rocked him...thought he was SOUND asleep....only to see his eyes POP right open the second he hit the mattress....at least he fell asleep in his swing when I brought him back down...something that hasn't been happening very often anymore. Oh boy, the second Daddy wakes up from his night shift, I'm soooo going to bed. I don't dare go right now, because 99% of the time in the day, Lucas wakes up the second I try to sleep myself!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment