Thursday, April 26, 2012

'Eggstraordinary'

 Here are the kiddies all ready to attend their friend, Sophia's 3rd birthday party!
 I've been DYING for her to wear this outfit...thanks Grandma and Grandpa B  :)
Too bad she didn't have the cardigan on yet....tres cute!
 ....and here, is where our day got 'Eggstraordinary'.  It would appear that sweet baby M.....is totally allergic to eggs!  She hasn't had eggs "straight up" yet....and today she got to try scrambled eggs.  What.A.Mistake.  You never know these things until it happens.  For those of you that might wonder "Hmm, I thought you aren't supposed to give your baby eggs until 1....?"  Well, those are old-school 'rules'....but maybe I kind of like that idea now!!!  The guidelines nowadays suggest eating anything and everything, in tiny pieces....and the only food to avoid until 1, is honey.
She had a pretty immediate reaction....she had only had a few bits and started screaming, crying, coughing, repeat.  At first we thought maybe she had too big of a bite, and it was "stuck".  You know, when you swallow a big piece of dry bread?  Haha.
She just wouldn't stop.  Screaming, coughing...a bit of wheezing, and was getting a rash around her mouth.  Pat convinced me to just ride it out, and she did finally stop and looked a lot better. We went out for a walk to the park, and in an hour so, came out, she ate dinner and I noticed her face was getting red again. I got her undressed for a bath....holy red baby!  She looks like she was suntanning on the beach all day...in the nude!


Looks like a trip to the doctors and allergist are in order.  Boooo.  Poor babycakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment